Applications are available at Town Hall or on the Town of Darrington website – https://townofdarrington.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/APPLICATION-FOR-EMPLOYMENT.pdf
Closing Date: Open until filled
Employment Statue: Hourly,Full-time, 40 hours per week with some evening meetings
Salary: $15.00 – $ / hour depending on experience
Benefits: PERS Retirement, Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, Paid Sick & Vacation Leave, Paid Holidays
Supervision Duties: None
Description Overview: The Office Assistant works under the supervision of the Town Clerk/Treasurer with day to day operations of the Town of Darrington’s administrative duties. Duties also include providing support to the Mayor and Town Council members.
Essential Duties: The statements contained in this Essential Duty section reflect general details. This list should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work duties. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide customer services, as the first point of contact for visitors to Town Hall, including utilities, cemetery, land use, municipal codes, citizen complaints and other general government functions.
- Provide cashier support, receive and record payments as well as other budgetary transactions.
- Maintain administrative and legislative record filing system.
- Post notices at Town hall and other dedicated boards.
- Prepare daily deposits
- Updates council, planning meeting minutes books
- Updates ordinances and resolution books
- Provide Public Notary services.
- Attend after hours meeting and record minutes.
- Exercise sound judgment and knowledge of town ordinances, resolutions, policies and procedures.
- Compose correspondence
- Make appointments, and schedule meetings.
- Maintain mail log
- Operate multi-line telephone system and retrieve messages
- Operate office equipment including adding machine, copier and computer: to input and retrieve data and text.
- Maintenance of Town web sites/social media
- Assist and maintain all the operations and records of the municipal cemetery, including purchase /sale of lots and lot locates
- Administer Business and Occupational (B&O) License and Tax computer logs or data bases as required.
- Prepares planning agenda
- Compiles and prepares planning and council meeting packets
- Make arrangements for town sponsored events and functions.
- Research records and obtain information from other offices and agencies as necessary to prepare reports for the town administration.
- Process building permits applications and issue building permits
- Issue animal licenses
- Issue special event permits
- Assist with special projects as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: The statements contained in this Minimum Qualifications section reflect general details as necessary to perform the principal functions of this job. This list should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work qualifications.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One-year experience in varied secretarial and administrative work within municipal organization or corporate business
- One-year experience is accounts payable, accounts receivable and preparing financial reports
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Be aware of schedules and meet deadlines
- Organizational skills and must be able to manage, prioritize, mesh numerous assignments and cope with interruptions or last-minute changes while working on multiple tasks under deadlines, with the ability to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Function as an independent self-starter with little supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively with others as a member of the department team
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive materials, records, files, documents and information.
- Experience in customer service
Working Conditions and Physical Demands: Work is done in an office environment subject to interruptions. Office attire must be of a professional manner. Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and a variety of office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to bend at the waist and kneel or crouch to retrieve files from cabinet and shelves: stand or sit, walk, climb, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Town of Darrington is an equal opportunity employer