Seasonal Parks Worker
Revised: February 22, 2023
Employment Statue: Seasonal,Hourly,Part-time, 30 hours per week
Salary: $18.00 / hour
Benefits: Sick Leave – 1 hour per every 40 hours worked
Supervision Duties: None
Description Overview: The Seasonal Parks Worker works under the supervision of the Public Works Supervisor maintaining the Town of Darrington’s Parks and Properties.
Essential Duties: The statements contained in this Essential Duty section reflect general details. This list should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work duties. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
- Mow and maintain lawns (push mover and riding mover)
- Weed and trim vegetation and trees as needed (using power and hand equipment)
- Fertilize vegetation as needed
- Remove litter from all town owned property
- Empty trash receptacles
- Sweep & pressure wash gazebo / clean restrooms as needed
- Irrigate vegetation as needed
- Maintain / Repair picnic tables and other amenities
- Set up (road barriers) for town events and functions
- Monitor and run the wood debris collection site on one Sunday a month
- Assist with special projects as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: The statements contained in this Minimum Qualifications section reflect general details as necessary to perform the principal functions of this job. This list should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work qualifications.
- Experience working with various motorized and hand-held lawn care equipment
- Must be over the age of 18
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver License
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Organizational skills and must be able to manage, prioritize, mesh numerous assignments and cope with interruptions or last-minute changes while working on multiple tasks under deadlines, with the ability to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Function as an independent self-starter with little supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively with others as a member of the department team
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive materials, records, files, documents and information.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands: Work is done in an outside environment subject to interruptions. Employee must dress accordantly to weather conditions and wear proper safety equipment as required. Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to bend at the waist and kneel or crouch to stand or sit, walk, climb, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Town of Darrington is an equal opportunity employer